Lead Application Developer, New York, NY
- Design, develop, maintain and continuously improve American Securities’ information architecture and related applications, databases and reporting systems, enhancing knowledge worker productivity and strategic decision-making capabilities.
- Work directly with internal teams (both operations and investment staff) to define functionality and enhancements for custom developed applications: participate in the planning and implementation of critical enterprise and workgroup application solutions providing real-time complex reporting and analytics, including web portal/web site, investment opportunity tracking and accounting systems, relationship management system, capital markets tracking and accounting systems, time tracking system, resource group project management, investor relations and IDG / capital markets reporting and analytics.
- Serve as lead designer and architect of all custom business application development utilizing Salesforce.com, Box.com, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and VB.NET, including software coding, data modeling, database / data warehouse design, report writing, and report distribution (including mobile).
- Collaborate with Manager of IT Infrastructure to maintain business continuity and information security; manage expectations of internal stakeholders regarding application features, functionality and implementation timelines.
- Work with external vendors and consulting partners to determine most efficient implementation and integration designs.
- Manage technical aspects of existing database systems, reporting systems, front-end systems (UI) and database integrations, upholding system reliability and data integrity.
- Provide expert level support for custom developed business systems and applications.
- Participate as lead technical resource in data governance working group to define and implement firm-wide strategies for data governance, stewardship, data integrity, and change management: create and maintain a holistic view of database / data assets by creating and maintaining documentation and/or systems that illustrates how data is organized, stored, processed, and accessed; evaluate new database, analytics, and data integration solutions that may provide improvements for existing systems; manage database and reporting systems operations, maintenance, optimization, and troubleshooting, closely supporting internal reporting functions and processes.
- When needed, provide escalation support for end-user IT problems, including application-level support for Salesforce.com, Box.com, Microsoft SQL, MS Access, Crystal Reports, and Excel / VB.NET Macros.
- Engage in professional self-development by participating in informal knowledge transfer sessions, attending off-site training and conferences, participating in seminars and user groups, and reading industry publications.
- Research new technology, coordinate demos and provide recommendations for technology platform additions or enhancements.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or foreign equivalent degree; 5 years’ experience; advanced developer skills re Salesforce platform; Microsoft SQL; Web API Services; front-end development and mobile application development.
Send resume to: [email protected]